Everyone must surely be aware of the fact that a passport is an essential travel document which is required when you travel from one country to another, be it for education, family visit, medical attendance or the business purposes. The procedure to get a passport in India is easy. Follow the steps are given below and obtain to get passport with ease. Passport can be obtained in person or via online or e-form submission as well.
Best way to get passport in India
1. Applying passport via e-Form submission
For this purpose, you will firstly need to register to the Passport Seva Portal.
- After logging in to the Passport Seva Portal, you will need to download the e-Form. Fill the form and click the validate and save button.
- Upload the XML file thus created and then click the Pay and Schedule Appointment button.
- Select your PSK from the Passport Seva Kendra and book an appointment.
- Online payment can be done via Internet Banking, Credit/ Debit Card etc.
- You can now take out the print of the application receipt and visit the PSK with original documents like Proof of nationality, proof of residence and proof of date of birth with a photograph.
Check also: Visa Free Country for Indian Passport Holder
2. Applying for Passport in person
Another easy way to get passport in India is to apply for the passport in person. For this purpose, you will firstly need to register to the Passport Seva Portal. And download the application form on standard A4 size paper. You can also buy the form from the District Passport Cell or the DPC using the fee of Rs. 10.
Check also: US Tourist Visa For Indians: Tips and Requirements
- Fill the application and submit it to the DPC counter along with your photograph, proof of date of birth, proof of residence as well as the proof of nationality.
- The DPC counter will consist of an official who will verify the application form and the documents, after which the fees can be paid in the form of Demand Draft(DD).
- The Demand Draft( DD) comprises of the name of the applicant, the date of submission and the date of birth.
- Upon paying the fees, you can obtain the acknowledgment letter which consists of a file number. This file number can be used for tracking the file status